The Espresso Martini is the classic coffee cocktail. This brilliantly simple recipe comprises of freshly brewed espresso, a sprinkle of coffee liqueur and a simple sugar syrup.
What we suggest:
- 100ml Premium Vodka (Find your favourite here)
- 50ml freshly brewed espresso coffee
- 50ml coffee liqueur (we recommend Kahlua)
- 4 coffee beans (optional for a garnish)
For the sugar syrup
- 100g Golden Caster Sugar
- 50ml Water
- Small pan
How to make an Espresso Martini:
- Firstly we need to make the sugar syrup, so out the caster sugar and 50ml water into the small pan on a medium heat. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Allow the sugar mixture to cool. While you wait, pop two martini cocktail glasses in the fridge
- Get your cold sugar syrup and pour 1 tablespoon into a cocktail shaker and combine with a handful of ice, the vodka, coffee liqueur and espresso. Shake until the cocktail shaker feels ice cold.
- Strain into the chilled glasses you popped in the fridge earlier. Garnish with the coffee beans if you like.